Conroy Hockey, Introduction
Coach Conroy has been teaching kids since Spring 2006 in both Hockey and Floor Hockey out of Chestermere, Alberta initially.
We offer a variety of programs including our:
- Spring/Summer Programs Groups 1, 2 & 3 & Peewee PLUS
- Adult Training
- Player Assessments
- Defense Clinics Level 1 & 2
- Checking Clinic
- Face-off Clinic
- Christmas and February Camps.
- Extra Skates
- Carstairs Programs
- One on one training.
- Team and Organizational Training.
At Conroy Hockey we focus on teaching your kids 3 things:
- Actual Hockey SKILLS, Skating, Shooting/Scoring, Passing, Stickhandling and Intensity in an upbeat, sweaty environment.
- A proper work ethic and that hard work is fun and worth it!
- Good manners, respect and discipline. Coach will discipline your kids as they need if that scares or offends you we aren’t for you.
- Well behaved kids learn faster and the classes are more fun when everyone pulls together. I don’t like wasting my time and skills on poor behavior.
We are indeed “old school” and the kids love it and BENEFIT from it! It is new to many of them but they get it quickly. We reward them when they have earned it and we readily correct their behavior when they earned that also.
Teaching kids to be better hockey players and better kids is our passion, Conroy Hockey is the personification of tough love! We get better every year as we learn also.
Please note: there is an excellent chance my stick will meet your child’s butt when they need it if you find that to be tragic then we are not for you!
We focus on teaching skills, it is proven that practise is 11 times more valuable than a game for learning actual skills and kids love to work hard in the right environment.
Please check our practices out, I am willing to bet the kids move 2 times more at our practices than your winter practices.
But don’t take my word for it, check out what our Parents have to say.
All practices are led by Coach Conroy (W. George Conroy).
Who is a Conroy Hockey kid?
We welcome all players aged 3 to 17 with any skill set, both boys and girls. We don’t pretend to train only “elite” players, we have indeed trained and helped to create several elite platers over the years but we enjoy making everyone a better player and person. The best players soon learn that they are their only real competition.
In order to succeed with us your player needs three things:
- A desire to improve.
- The ability to listen and to focus (less so for the youngest kids of course)
- The ability to work hard in practice.
We call these things “life skills” and we will help them to develop these skills.
Parents needs to add one thing also:
- They need to support Coach in his methods only then will we as a team help your player to succeed.
To learn about bad skate designs:+Click Here
We invite you to compare our prices, sorry we don’t have anyone famous here (famous people will never discipline your kids trust me it’s bad for their Instagram account) we just have coaches who embody what we teach and who believe in the same things and that care about your kids enough to keep them focused, learning and loving it!
What you can’t compare is how we don’t waste time on the ice. Watch our practices and observe how little the players stand around. The key to getting better is reps and with us in our 75-minute practices your player will get more reps.
Also, we guarantee you will get more ice time than you pay for EVERY YEAR. Please be ready to hit the ice early as 75% of the time you can get on the ice before practice starts. Whenever I can I will extend the ice times as much as possible to add even more VALUE.
You won’t get a sweat suit, sorry. We don’t waste your money on things you don’t need. The kids will get a sweater or a T-shirt if they can re-use their sweater from last year.